my blog has a new look and a new home... https://randomnicole.com/blog/ so please bookmark it, update your news feed etc.. :)
also below is my first entry on the new blog which features my first ever giveaway!!! all the details on how to win a random nicole tea towel are below...
when i took a year off from random nicole to finally finish graduate school, i had no idea how behind i could get in the 'business side of crafting in only 12 months'. with my new shiny diploma in tow i returned to random nicole ready to jump back in where i left off. within weeks, i realized i was super out of touch and my web presence was seriously outdated. so i made a few moves to not get left behind...
1. resigned my website: this i did on my own which naturally took a while since there were several things about the back end that were new to me and i had to teach myself via trial & error, googling troubleshooting articles and emailing my web guy for advice. i hadn't redesigned my website in YEARS, like maybe even 6! there were tons of things on it i didn't even make anymore. with the new site i opted for just linking my etsy storefront instead of building my own. (more about how i feel about etsy vs. my own storefront coming soon)
2. i made random nicole a business facebook page, i joined pinterest and started pinning things (thanks jackie!), i got an iphone, i added pulse a blog feed app to my i phone and began to follow blogs that made me happy & inspired, i began blogging again and i tried overall to be more active in the crafty handmade world online. i know these things take time but i think about all the hours i spent drooling over the pages of the now defunct readymade & domino magazines and i figure that's the time i use now to peruse pinterest. i'm also only doing the things i enjoy--despite many people's encouragement-i don't tweet! i tried and i didn't like it-so i'm not going to force myself. i think it's better to find that social media tools that fit with you than try to fit yourself to them.
3. finally...i redesigned my blog! and thanks to steph from hearts & laserbeams who built it for me and made my ideas and comps a reality. so to celebrate my new blogs' coming out party... i'm introducing my very first giveaway!
how to enter:
1. please meander through my posts on my new blog
2. leave a meaningful comment or comments on posts that inspire you or make you happy. make sure to leave your email so we can let you know if you won!
3. one lucky comment leaver will win and will be announced on halloween! so be sure to get your comment up by midnight on the october 30th. that's 6 days...
4. anyone can enter! p.s.-claudia this means you too!
what you win:
*one of my brand new hand printed tea towels to spruce up their lackluster kitchen or bathroom! the winner can pick the towel of their choice! all the new designs are now ready to be viewed in the tea towels section of my etsy shop.
here are a few of the towels to inspire you to take a little trip though my blog...